Saturday, October 27, 2007

Epository preaching conference: Reflection - Introduction

I recently attended an expository preaching conference on the book of Nehemiah, which was conducted by Dr. D.A. Carson over one Friday and one Saturday morning (Yes, I took one day leave to attend the Friday session). All I can say is WOW! Lots of solid food to feed upon; a feast indeed. And almost all the stuff he was talking about were just at or around my level; the optimum level for spiritual intake.

Anyway, here's my reflection on the conference itself.

The expository preaching conference is divided into three distinct sessions which are spread out over two days. In other words, Friday morning consists of part one of each of the three topics, while part two of the three topics were covered on Saturday morning. The topics are as follows:

1) The Living and Enduring Word

2) Exposition on Nehemiah

3) Preaching OT Narrative: Preaching Nehemiah

As it can be seen, the topics are truly interesting. Besides this conference, I also attended a short talk on Friday afternoon on the Emerging Church movement given by Dr. Carson.

In the next few posts, I would be giving my reflection on all these various talks.

[to be continued]

No comments: