Saturday, January 06, 2007

Song: My Lord, I did not choose You

Here is a nice and doctrinally sound hymn.

My Lord, I did not choose You

1:

D
My Lord, I did not choose You,
         G                 A2    D
For that could never be;
My heart would still refuse You,
         G                 A2      D
Had You not chosen me.
         G                                 D
You took the sin that stained me,
           A                                        A7
You cleansed me, made me new;
       D                            G
Of old You have ordained me,
          D              A7       D
That I should live in You.

2:

Unless Your grace had called me
And taught my op’ning mind,
The world would have enthralled me,
To heav’nly glories blind.
My heart knows none above You;
For Your rich grace I thirst;
I know that if I love You,
You must have loved me first.

[HT: Calvinist Gadfly]

No comments: